What does the Academy Council do?
- It acts as a key link between the Academy, parents and the local community.
- It champions the work of the Academy in the local community.
- It acts as a sounding board for the Principal and Academy Leadership Team as they plan the future development of the Academy and represents the views of different parts of the school community to influence decision making.
- It keeps an eye on how the plans are implemented, ensuring that the Oasis Ethos remains at the heart of the Academy community.
- It continually reviews the overall impact of the Academy among the people it exists to serve and makes suggestions for improvement.
- It helps on the ground with the implementation of certain Academy policies (e.g. Student Admissions and Behaviour).
- It offers challenging but positive and proactive support to the Principal.
|Names||Appointed by||Role||Date Appointed||End Date||Business/ Pecuniary Interests||Attendance 2016/17||Attendance 2017/18|
Sponsor (Community Chair)
|Safeguarding / Behaviour||20/04/2018||19/04/2021||
|Scott Dawson||Vice Chair||Pupil Premium||24/05/2018||03/12/2018|
|Pam Smith||Local Authority||SMSC||20/04/2018||14/12/2018||None||5/6||2/3|
|Sponsor (Community)||Health & Safety||20/04/2018||19/04/2021||None||4/6||2/3|
|Douglas Muazawi||Sponsor (Community)||Pupil Premium||12/10/2016||17/01/2018||None||3/5|
|Charlie Pritchard-Brennan||Sponsor (Community)||SMSC||02/05/2017||06/12/2018||None||2/2||1/3|
|Alice Sunderland||Staff Councillor (Teaching)||06/12/2016||06/12/2019||None||4/5||1/3|
|Razia Ayub||Parent Councillor||Attendance||06/12/2016||06/12/2019||None||5/5||3/3|
|Sajid Masood||Parent Councillor||07/12/2016||29/01/2018||None||2/4|
|Balal Saleem||Sponsor (Community)||SEND||14/11/2017||14/11/2020||None||N/a||3/3|
The Academy Council does not have the statutory responsibilities are held at national level by the OCL Board. All Academy Councillors are appointed by the Oasis Community Learning National Executive.
Oasis Academy Councils are made up of between 7 – 15 people. This list is updated every six months or annually. All Academy Councillors are appointed for a 3 year term of office unless stated otherwise.