The Oasis Community Learning (OCL) family of Academies are split into four regions of England – London and the South East, the Midlands, the South West and the North.
Each Academy ensures local governance through an Academy Council, whilst national governance is delivered through the OCL National Office, and Regional Directors (RDs).
Each region is supported by at least one RD who is accountable to the CEO of OCL, and accountable for the Principals of Academies in their region.
The job of a Regional Director is to:
- Oversee regional delivery of education, including standards and leadership as well as performance outcomes
- Ensure professional governance across all Academies in their region
- Monitor Academy budgets and escalations
- Monitor and escalate high risk HR cases, IT services issues, property and estates, new business and capital project issues
- Monitor, audit and intervene on safeguarding issues and health and safety issues
The Regional Director for Primary academies within the North region is Philip Beaumont.
Philip has been a successful head of 9 schools over 27 years. Philip has worked as a School Improvement Partner and also as an adviser for Greater Manchester Challenge successfully supporting many schools across North Manchester in the most challenging circumstances.
Philip has worked for Oasis for four years moving from Principal, Executive Principal and then to Regional Director. He is directly responsible for the ten Northern Academies and also leads the MAT in Character Development, in structuring disadvantaged boys’ development and the safeguarding steering group.
To read more about the governance structure, please click here.