What is e-safefy?
E-safety is a term which means not only the internet but other ways in which young people communicate using electronic media, e.g. mobile phones. It means ensuring that children and young people are protected from harm and supported to achieve the maximum benefit from new and developing technologies without risk to themselves or others.
What does e-safety cover?
Safeguarding children and young people online can involve a range of potential issues such as:
- Extremist behaviour
- Child sexual exploitation
Useful web links:
- CEOP - protecting children from the harm of sexual abuse and exploitation both online and offline.
- Childline - Bullying - www.childline.org.uk
- Kidscape - www.kidscape.org.uk
- Preventing and Tackling Bullying, Department for Education - https://www.gov.uk/government
- UK Safer Internet Centre - www.saferinternet.org.uk