We are delighted to hear that you have accepted your child’s place to join us here at Oasis Academy Don Valley and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you to our Oasis Family. We are mindful that the Government has not yet stipulated specifics in their guidance on the full school reopening, so we hope that the content of this letter will further explain how we will implement this year’s virtual transition process, milestones involved and resources in support.
Due to the current situation, we will be operating a virtual transition process during the summer term. More than ever before, we understand that the transition process to primary school can be a daunting experience. We want to reassure you that we will assist you in any way we can to ensure all children arrive, whenever their first day at Oasis Academy Don Valley may be, excited and prepared.
To support us in our planning for September we ask that you complete our on-line enrolment form by Friday 29 June. To complete the form you can access it by logging onto our website at www.oasisacademydonvalley.org from the Admissions tab, then the secondary admissions link and click on enrolment form. The form includes important sections that must be completed, and these are shown by a red asterisk. Once you have filled in all the required information please remember to click on submit to ensure that the Academy receives it.
The next stage of the virtual transition process, we will be sharing the following information and resources with you:
w/b 8 June - The Oasis Academy Don Valley Transition Pack 1:
- A welcome video on the website from Mrs Michels our Head of Primary.
- A welcome video made by our two Reception Teachers at home.
- Our First Oasis Academy Don Valley welcome booklet.
w/b 15 June - The Oasis Academy Don Valley Transition Pack 2:
- The Oasis Academy Don Valley Parent Handbook – including information about...
o The structure of the Academy.
o Our Academy expectations, policies and procedures.
o Information about the structure of the EYFS curriculum.
- The OADV Parent Handbook will go live on the Academy website.
w/b 29 June - The Oasis Academy Don Valley Transition Pack 3:
- A bespoke letter from your child’s new Teacher.
- A video from our EYFS team and a virtual tour of the provision will go on the Academy website.
w/b 6 July - The Oasis Academy Don Valley Transition Pack 4:
- Teachers will be in contact with their new children to introduce themselves, find out more about their new children, to offer their extended support in preparation for when they join us and to arrange a home visit if applicable for September.
- A ‘Getting to know you questionnaire’ will be sent out for all parents to complete and return to us.
w/b 13 July - The Oasis Academy Don Valley Transition Pack 5:
- Information about the first few days/weeks of life at Oasis Academy Don Valley Academy.
- Key dates for your diary and a section on frequently asked questions.
Please can I assure you that we will do all we can to make the transition process for your child as smooth and enjoyable as possible. We will be updating the transition page on the admissions area on the Academy website regularly with relevant information to support you through the process:
If your child currently attends a nursery provision we will also be in communication with them to gather as much information as possible.
We have an incredible team of staff who manage the transition process and who will soon be at your disposal for support and guidance. Please do not hesitate to contact the Academy should you need any further support on 0114 2200400 or email DON.email@example.com