We are delighted to hear that you have accepted your child’s place to join us here at Oasis Academy Don Valley and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you to our Oasis Family. We are mindful that the Government has not yet stipulated specifics in their guidance on the full secondary school reopening laws, so we hope that the content of this letter will further explain how we will implement this year’s virtual transition process, milestones involved and resources in support.
Due to the current situation, we will be operating a virtual transition process during the summer term. More than ever before, we understand that the transition process from primary to secondary education can be a daunting experience. We want to reassure you that we will assist you in any way we can to ensure all students arrive, whenever their first day at Oasis Academy Don Valley may be, excited and fully informed about the next chapter of their education.
To support us in our planning for September we ask that you complete our on-line enrolment form by Friday 22 June. To complete the form you can access it by logging onto our website at www.oasisacademydonvalley.org from the Admissions tab, then the secondary admissions link and click on enrolment form. The form includes important sections that must be completed, and these are shown by a red asterisk. Once you have filled in all the required information please remember to click on submit to ensure that the Academy receives it.
The next stage of the virtual transition process, we will be sharing the following information and resources with you:
W/b 1 June – The Oasis Academy Don Valley Transition Pack 1:
- A welcome video on the website from Mr Pape our Principal.
- Our First Oasis Academy Don Valley Transition Newsletter.
- Our First Oasis Academy Don Valley Transition work booklet.
W/b 15 June - The Oasis Academy Don Valley Transition Pack 2:
- The Oasis Academy Don Valley Parent Handbook – including information about...
o The structure of the Academy
o Our Academy expectations, policies and procedures.
o Information about the structure of the Year 7 curriculum and extra-curricular offer.
- Our second Oasis Academy Don Valley Transition Newsletter.
- Our second Oasis Academy Don Valley Transition work booklet.
- A video introduction to the Inclusion team on the Academy website.
W/b 29 June – The Oasis Academy Don Valley Transition Pack 3:
A bespoke letter from your child’s new Advisory tutor.
- Our third Oasis Academy Don Valley Transition Newsletter.
- Our third Oasis Academy Don Valley Transition work booklet
- A video introduction to the Advisory Tutor team.
W/b 6 July – The Oasis Academy Don Valley Transition Pack 4:
- Tutors will be in contact with their new tutees to introduce themselves, find out more and to offer their extended support in preparation for when they join us.
- Student question and answer session – where students answer the frequently asked questions posed by Year 6 children.
- Our fourth Oasis Academy Don Valley Transition Newsletter.
- Our fourth Oasis Academy Don Valley Transition work booklet.
- A video introduction to the teaching staff.
W/b 13 July – ‘The Oasis Academy Don Valley Transition Pack 4
- Information about the first few days/weeks of life at Oasis Academy Don Valley Academy.
- A map of the Academy site to help students find their feet.
- A virtual tour of the Academy on the transition website.
- Contact information of key members of staff in support.
- Key dates for your diary and a section on frequently asked questions.
- Our fifth Oasis Academy Don Valley Transition Newsletter.
- Our fifth Oasis Academy Don Valley Transition work booklet.
- A series of subject related activities and challenges that we ask students to complete over the summer ready for when they join us.
Please can I assure you that we will do all we can to make the transition process for your child from primary to secondary education as smooth and enjoyable as possible. We will be updating this page regularly with relevant information to support you through the process.
We will also be in regular communication with your child’s current Primary School to gather as much information as possible. If your child has any additional needs or is currently on the SEND register, the SENDCo and Director of Inclusion will be in touch with you directly to discuss provision.
We have an incredible team of staff who manage the transition process and who will soon be at your disposal for support and guidance. Please do not hesitate to contact the academy should you need any urgent support on DON.email@example.com