Oasis Community Learning and Sumdog have partnered to do the first-ever whole family Multi AcademyTrust National Maths contest from 5th June until 11th June 2020.
The contest is open to all pupils in Years 1 to 8 with classes, individuals and even regions celebrated throughout the competition and at the end with amazing prizes.
It is easy to get involved and pupils can continue to use Sumdog for free once the contest has ended. All pupils need to do is answer as many questions correctly as they can by doing quizzes and playing math games via Sumdog (your teacher will let you know how to do this), and score as many points as possible!
Mapped to the National Curriculum, Sumdog is proven to accelerate progress by reinforcing teaching and helping to identify gaps in pupil knowledge
What is a Sumdog contest?
- Pupils enter by playing any of the 20+ Sumdog games, using a computer, smartphone or tablet
- Questions are tailored to each child’s level, meaning children in Year 1 can compete against their peers in Year 8
- Pupils answer questions as accurately as they can during the course of a week. One hours play is sufficient to get a good score
- The overall 1st place class will receive a Sumdog trophy and medals
- Top 3 pupils will receive an app store voucher, either for Android or iOS
- The top class each day will receive a printable daily winner certificate (a class can only be the Daily winner once during the contest).
- All pupils who have answered 100 questions will receive a virtual item for their Sumdog house. This item will be delivered automatically as a gift to their account.
- The top 10 pupils overall will receive a printable certificate
Good luck everyone - show us what you know!
You can find out more by visiting: https://pages.sumdog.com/enter_contest/oasis-learning-trust-contest/#enter-contest